Monday, November 17, 2008

Joan Of Arc

I was so excited when Method & Sentiment came out because I loved Cap'n Jazz. I listened to it extensively and liked how weird it sounded to me at the time.

It sounds considerably less weird to me now, but I still enjoy it. I saw them on their first tour, and several times after that. I lost interest around Live In Chicago, but those first few times I saw them they were fantastic.

In the summer of 1997 I was driving through the night from Oakland to Olympia, WA to attend Yo-Yo A Go-Go. Around sunrise we drove past Mt. Shasta and were listening to A Portable Model of..., which was a pretty awesome way to greet the day. I still remember that experience fondly.

Ladies and gentlemen, for your listening pleasure, 2 singles by Joan Of Arc.

Method & Sentiment (Jade Tree)
1. Didactic Prom
2. Please Sleep
3. Trial At Orleans



















Busy Bus, Sunny Bus b/w Stemingway And Heinbeck (Southern)
1. Busy Bus, Sunny Bus
2. Stemingway And Heinbeck

No comments: